The city of Mundelein was named after Cardinal George Mundelein in 1924. To show his appreciation, the Cardinal donated the community’s first fire engine. Despite the growth of industry, city ordinances have set standards that have preserved the rural atmosphere. Mundelein has two shopping areas, one featuring a small-town atmosphere with small family-owned businesses and the other with larger chain stores. Students attend elementary schools in District 75. Mundelein High School, District 120, was acknowledged for excellence by the Illinois and National Association of School Boards. Mundelein has an award-winning park district, with nineteen parks, nine golf courses, and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. There are six lakes in the area and an extensive system of scenic trails provide endless enjoyment for bikers and walkers.
Chat software by BoldChat