Settlers first arrived to Libertyville in the 1830s and in 1836 the residents voted to call their town Independence Grove. The name was eventually changed to Libertyville and was officially incorporated in 1882 with a population of 500. The population has doubled since 1960 to approximately 22,000, and has also expanded its borders. Libertyville students attend District 70 elementary schools. High school students attend Libertyville High School in District 128. Lake Forest College and the College of Lake County are both located nearby. The Village’s Recreation and Sports Complex Department offers its residents a number of community activities and facilities.
Chat software by BoldChat