Golf is a village in Cook County, located 14 miles North West of Chicago's Loop. It gets its name from its proximity to Glenview County Club, founded in 1897. A small settlement began to grow around the site of Golf and, in 1928, the area was incorporated as the village of Golf. The WGA, Western Golf Association, soon after moved its headquarters from downtown Chicago to Golf's post office. The WGA ran tournaments and the Evans Scholars Foundation from there. Today, the village is primarily residential but has its own dedicated police department, post office, and Metra train stop.