Luther Bartlett traveled from Conway Massachusetts to Illinois via Michigan in 1843. In order to create easy access to a train station, the Bartletts gave up half of their 40 acres to have a train depot built in what is now known as the Village of Bartlett. Today, Bartlett covers over 16 square miles in Cook, DuPage and Kane Counties. The Village is served by School District U-46, which is the second largest public school district within Illinois. The district has 40 elementary schools, eight middle schools, and five high schools. The Bartlett Park District has an elaborate park system that includes 380 acres of park land, indoor and outdoor pools, golf courses, ski facility, skate park, and playgrounds.
Chat software by BoldChat